Wednesday, July 10, 2013

imperfection

Like most dietitians and dietitian-to-be's, I have a "type A" personality. Meaning I am highly self-critical and have to have everything just so. I don't think this is a good thing, by the way, but it is what is. I feel anxious a lot because I set such high expectations for myself. 

I'm telling you this because I've allowed perfection to stop me from blogging, like it's stopped me from so many other things before. I am often paralyzed by the fear of being imperfect, that I don't start. 

How crazy is that?


Hi, my name's Janelle, and I am not perfect. 

No doubt, I've been busier the past few weeks than I have been in a long time. Between dietetic internship, classes, wedding planning, spending time with my fiancé, family, and friends, I don't have much time left for myself.

I've thought about blogging so many times but haven't had enough time to make each post perfect. I haven't had time to craft the perfect logo to place on each picture. I haven't been able to think of new and exciting ideas to post about. And because of that I've been silent.



I don't need my blog to be perfect - I want it to be an extension of my imperfect self. I want it to be real and informative. I want it to document my life and my internship so that hopefully it can help someone else along the way. 

So I am recommitting myself to blogging and promising imperfection. 

I hope to make blogging a normal part of my routine, which could take some getting used to since my schedule feels so full already. Right now, it's about making the time for what's important to me, and blogging is very important to me.


I'll leave you with this photo of me and my matching Starbucks. Matchy matchy.



Tell me: How do you find time for the things you love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...