Thursday, July 11, 2013

treat yo self

It's a weird thing - buying ice cream for yourself, by yourself. 

As my fellow dietetic interns and I wrapped up a meeting at a local coffee shop in Grandview, I wandered outside, feeling the warmth of a summer I've yet to enjoy. See, it's rained 16 out of the last 18 days here in Columbus and I haven't had much time for "fun". 

Noticing Jeni's Ice Cream as I walked to my car, I decided, "Janelle, it's time to TREAT YO SELF!"


Jeni's is kind of the best place ever. Her ice creams are incredible. With flavors like Salty Caramel, Pistachio & Honey, Brown Butter Almond Brittle, and Queen City Cayenne, there is literally something for everyone. 

What I love the most about Jeni's is their commitment to the best and freshest ingredients they can get their hands on. All of their ice creams start off with Snowville Creamery milk and "cream from cows that eat grass." Awesome.


You definitely have room for these treats in your diet. 

Did I mention the best part? Many of Jeni's ice creams are gluten free! And I'll do you one better - she even makes gluten free ice cream sandwiches like the one I enjoyed above. 

You can find the ingredients and nutritional information for everything they sell here.













I feel good about eating this ice cream that I love so much.

At first I felt uncomfortable, sitting alone in the small shop, enjoying my macaroon. Ice cream should be enjoyed with friends, I told myself. But really, ice cream should just be enjoyed. 

I finally found myself sitting comfortably in my seat, relishing the quarter of a macaroon I just got to enjoy, only to look up and see two friends walking in the door.




Tell me: How will you treat yo' self this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...